Jobs at The Day
Sr. Web/WordPress Developer
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for high quality design, development, testing, and support of client websites, database, servers, and other technology resources. He/she is responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and with a high degree of best practices.
- Design, build, test, and maintain websites, databases, APIs, and other technology resources
- Source, monitor, and maintain a collection of websites and applicationsPlay a key role in large, complex technical projects that achieve key business goals
- Ensure day-to-day tasks are performed correctly, following protocols and best practices
- Work with other team leaders to achieve project goals on time
- Inform senior leadership of new tech ideas, products, and approaches that could help the business grow and improve customer experiences
- Bachelor’s degree related to the field
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to code and program websites and web pages, including backend payment processing
- Experience building and adjusting WordPress websites
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technology issues
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical colleagues
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Skills in leading a small team to accomplish great outcomes a plus
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, (24-26 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320